BMW Teases What is Probably the 8 Series Gran Coupe
Taking to Twitter, BMW has teased a mysteriously long four-door headed to Geneva next week.
Taking to Twitter, BMW has teased a mysteriously long, Aston Martin Rapide-like four-door supposedly headed to the Geneva Motor Show next week. Judging from its silhouette, this will likely be categorized as another one of those four-door coupes, or "Gran Coupes" as BMW likes to call 'em.
Given how far away the wheels are from each other and the Hofmeister kink that bears a striking resemblance to the one found on the Concept 8 Series, we predict that this is very likely the 8 Series Gran Coupe.
A four-door 8 Series isn't totally unexpected given the company's current product plans. If the 2 Series is getting a Gran Coupe, why wouldn't the flagship get one as well?
Or perhaps, it's some sort of left field Tesla Model S rival with a completely original nameplate. Like a Porsche Mission E but, y'know, made by BMW. Whatever this ends up being, we like what we see. Hopefully, however, BMW will remember to throw some door handles on this thing before it reaches production.
For more on BMW's mystery car, be sure to check in with The Drive next week when the Geneva Motor Show kicks off.
- RELATEDBMW Releases Its Own 'Spy Shots' of a Camouflaged BMW 8 SeriesBMW decided to bring its own photographer when it took the upcoming 8 Series for a spot of testing in Italy.READ NOW
- RELATEDPhoto Gallery: The BMW Concept 8 Series Is a StunnerBMW shows off the Concept 8 Series, a sleek, modern, grand touring car for the future.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to the 2018 BMW M8 Roar at the NurburgringThe camouflaged car made a very public (and loud) debut at the 24 Hours Nurburgring race.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW M2 Gran Coupe Reportedly Coming in 2019Want a BMW M2 but need a reasonably practical family car? Your prayers have apparently been answered.READ NOW
- RELATEDGeorge Carlin's BMW 850Ci is Up For SaleThe legendary comedian's Bimmer is also one of just 363 North American variants to get the 5.4-liter V-12 option.READ NOW