The Evening Rush for Jan. 20, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Someone may have spied the 2017 Genesis G90 prototype, and wowsers is the thing big. As seen in photographs, the suspected G90 looks comparable in size to the BMW 7 Series behind it. Buyers will be able to choose between a 5-liter V-8 and a 3.3-liter twin-turbo V-6.
Jerry Seinfeld is auctioning off part of his rare Porsche collection. The cars will be sold through Gooding & Co., and the line-up includes such delights as a 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder and a 1958 Porsche 356 Carrera Speedster.
Audi has confirmed that its coming E-tron SUV will be built in Belgium. The SUV, which is expected to be badged Q6, should be hitting the market in 2018 and is tipped for a range in excess of 250 miles.
A lot of people don’t wear bike helmets because they think they look ridiculous. Although we get it, we would prefer you keep your brains inside your head. So as a compromise, check out the Thousand Helmet, a design-forward alternative to the conventional cranium holder.
Standing lamps are overrated. Get an illuminating wooden brick. The Wood Brick Lamp by the WCHD Store is definitely a cool—and wireless, and rechargeable—alternative to the conventional desk lamp.
There are some delis you just can’t live without, and Katz’s Deli in New York certainly ranks on our short list. Pastrami on rye with mustard is a pound-strong tower of peppery, meaty goodness. Just be sure you cancel all your plans for the rest of the day.
With Winter Storm Jonas quickly approaching the Mid-Atlantic, cover that noggin up with a 100-percent wool cap from Best Made Co. Designed with simplicity and durability in mind, you will never want to let the Cap of Courage go.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Jan. 19, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDJerry Seinfeld Is the World's Best "Previous Owner"When you buy a blue-chip Porsche, buy it from a fanatical millionaire.READ NOW
- RELATEDAlex Roy’s Cannonball Run Buyer’s GuideThe best cars to drive fast—very fast—across the U.S. of A.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Queen’s Dogs Have a Cooler Whip Than You DoDaresay the corgies have bolted from the Rover!READ NOW
- RELATED10 Cheap Cars Worthy of Your Holiday BuckBe that rarest of holiday shoppers: the person who recognizes a screamin’ deal.READ NOW