Chevrolet Unveils Centennial Edition Silverado, Colorado to Mark 100 Years of Building Trucks
You can bet a year's salary they will cost a whole lot more than the first Chevy truck.
There is no question the Chevy truck line has been a massive hit since the first Chevy pickup made its debut 100 years ago. Fast forward to 2017 and Chevrolet is celebrating with a Centennial edition Silverado 1500 and Colorado. The unique Blue Steel (officially called Centennial Blue), custom bowtie emblem, and myriad of little details make the Centennial Edition worth looking at.
According to Chevrolet, the Centennial Edition will only be available in the LTZ Z71 Crew Cab trim of theSilverado 1500 and the LTZ Z71 trim of the Colorado. The Silverado will come with 22 inch chrome wheels, chrome tow hooks, custom bowtie floor matts, 100-year door badge and more.
These luxury trucks honor the 85 million Chevrolet trucks that have come before them and will continue to be produced in years to come. For decades Chevrolet has battled with Ford for the best 1/2 ton truck and although Ford has bested them for a while, that can easily be argued by many and the Silverado lineup is still rock solid. The trucks will debut at the Chevy Centennial Celebration on December 16, 2017 at the Texas Motor Speedway.
- RELATED2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country Is a Gateway-Drug PickupIt's the perfect stepping stone for someone looking to move from an SUV to a big rig.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Review: Finally, a Right-Sized Off-Road Pickup Truck WarriorThe Goldlocks of off-roaders, the Chevy Colorado ZR2 is "just right."READ NOW
- RELATED2017 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali Review: Stunning Good Looks, Performance to MatchThe race to 1,000 pound-feet of torque continues—and we're enjoying the ride.READ NOW
- RELATEDCritics’ Notebook: 2016 Chevy Silverado High Country Crew Cab 4×4A GMC Sierra 2500 Denali by any other name.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty Diesel Cured My Towing NightmaresThis $71,000 truck served me well as a rally car hauler.READ NOW