2018 Subaru Forester Will Start As Low As $22,795
The brand also announced details regarding the Subaru Forester Black Edition.
Subaru has always been a brand that keeps its base prices within a reasonable range and it has continued that trend with the 2018 Subaru Forester. After 65 consecutive months of sales growth, Subaru shows no sign of slowing down and the wide variety of options for the new Subaru Forester clearly indicates such intentions. The new Forester comes in four trims; Standard, Premium, Limited and Touring and now there will be a Black Edition package as well.
The new four-wheel-drive family hauler will come with two different engine options, a 170 horsepower 2.5-liter four-cylinder or the more powerful 2.0XT, a 250 horsepower 2.0-liter turbocharger four-cylinder. Both engines can be paired with a six-speed manual transmission (up to the premium trim) or a Lineartronic CVT. In order to further improve user safety, Subaru has made Eyesight Driver Assist Technology standard for all Forester Touring. If customers opt for the larger 2.0XT engine with their Forester Touring, Active Torque Vectoring will come standard. This is not new technology for Subaru but it used to only be available on the WRX and WRX STI.
The 2018 Subaru Forester Standard will start at $22,795, but the Touring trim will bring buyers all the way up to $33,090. However, it is important to note this is still below the average new car cost of $34,077 and full of luxury features like navigation, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, Eyesight Driver Assist Technology and more.
The all-new Forester 2.5i Black Edition is based off the Premium edition and costs an additional $1,150, bringing the total cost to around $28,260. Like most black editions currently on the market, the 2018 Subaru Forester Black Edition will come with the standard treatment of 18 inch blacked-out wheels, black accented foglights, black badging, and a black grill. The new Black Edition will only come in the 2.5i four-cylinder engine but should still attract consumers due to the new aggressive look not normally associated with the Forester.
- RELATEDThis Subaru SVX-Swapped Honda Insight Looks Insanely FunIt's hardly an Insight anymore ... even better!READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a 200,000 Mile Subaru Forester Get DetailedTherapy for germophobes and paint maintenance enthusiasts everywhere.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Van Blast a Subaru Forester Off the Road During a Pass Gone WrongLooks like bad decisions were made all across the board.READ NOW
- RELATEDVideo Shows Moron Speeding, Crashing His New Subaru WRX STiThe eternal question: why do people post videos of themselves breaking the law?READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Subaru WRX, STI Prices Start at $26,995Not much has changed compared to the outgoing model—but that may be a good thing.READ NOW