Spring Moto Gear: Roland Sands Design Ace Gloves
New mitts from a former AMA National Champion racer and custom moto godhead.
Roland Sands is the man. The Californian hopped on his first motorcycle, a 50cc dirtbike, at the age of five. Within minutes, he’d dumped it, fallen off, and broken his first bone. Nineteen years later, he was an AMA 250GP National Champion. Today, he still holds four track records at Daytona, Sears Point, and Laguna Seca. Tenacity? Talent? Try both, and in spades.
In 2002, he walked away from racing for good. Bummed out and a bit lost, Sands took up customizing and design. Bold graphics, rich textures, a racer’s eye translated through an artist’s hand. His shop took off, fielding commissions for everyone from Ducati and Harley-Davidson to Mickey Rourke and Brad Pitt.
And while Hollywood may ride year-round, many of us are just now starting to enjoy the glory of springtime. So it's a fine time to check out Roland Sands Design's Ace Gloves. They're a pre-curved blend of top grain cowhide and elastic, retro charm in a modern package. Each pair comes with a one-year warranty. Comfortable and smart cruising mitts, straight from the man himself.
- RELATEDDrive Wire: The Perfect Military-Grade Gloves for the WinterREAD NOW
- RELATEDThe Drive 100: The Best Gear of 2015If you didn’t know, now you know.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Best Gear of 2015Six pieces of gear you can't live without.READ NOW
- RELATEDFound: Car Guy Clothes That Won’t Pit Your CorneasBoost your subculture and sartorial bona fides.READ NOW
- RELATEDPeriod Correct’s Flagship Store is a Classic Car ShrineAnd the clothes inside aren’t too shabby, either.READ NOW