The Evening Rush for Jan. 4, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
AAA has reported that the average gasoline price for 2015 was $2.40 per gallon, and AAA expects prices to drop even further for 2016. Surely pickup drivers are dancing jigs around their jerry cans.
Images of the 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class were leaked several days ahead of the Detroit Auto Show, where the sedan is scheduled to make its global debut. Although official performance numbers have not come out on the vehicle, we are very pleased with the styling both inside and out.
Another big automotive leak to report. Images of what may be the Volvo V90 wagon have come to light ,and we like what we see. With aggressive lines and rumored peak horsepower around 400hp, the V90 may be packing Polestar-like performance—and appeal.
Time to turn Ol’ Bessy into the productive, technologically advanced car of your dreams. With the help of Vinli and an OBD-II port, your car can become a mobile hotspot. It’ll also feed diagnostic information directly to you phone so you can act all knowitall with your mechanic.
Finding a perfectly restored Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 is not easy. But rather than missing out on the action, why not scale it down and get a remote-control version from Tamiya?
It is cold outside, you have nothing to do and the fire is roaring. Sounds like the perfect time to don a pair of Patagonia Synchilla Pants. Made of cozy fleece and sporting an elastic waistband, they virtually guarantee that your daily productivity will take a nosedive.
If you find yourself making an early 2016 jaunt through western Massachusetts and want to try some truly awesome, classic brews, check out Tree House Brewing Company in Monson.
- RELATEDThe Drive 100: The Best Gear of 2015If you didn’t know, now you know.READ NOW
- RELATEDDe-Clutter Your Work Space With This Moto Gear OrganizerThe three-in-one kit to alleviate your workplace clutter.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Essential Gear for Alpine AdventurersREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Best Gear of 2015Six pieces of gear you can't live without.READ NOW
- RELATEDGear Review: SPOT Gen3SPOT says this little beacon is ready for anything. So we took it for a ride on a 310-horsepower racing Jet Ski.READ NOW