Porsche's Newest GT3 Is The Best One Yet
"The GT3 is back, and it's more GT3 than ever."
We've already told you everything you'd ever need to know about the new second-generation 4-liter flat-six 991 GT3. You can get it with a stick, which seems to be the headline-making bit, but it also has some additional horsepower, a little less weight, and some aero improvements over the outgoing GT3. With luck, this one won't self-immolate either (oh, wait, don't think about that). But Not only is this ostensibly the best GT3 Porsche has ever built, but it might be the best car Porsche's GT department, that little skunkwerks responsible for the 911R, GT3 RS, and Cayman GT4, has ever turned out.
It's safe to say that Carfection's Alex Goy really enjoyed this car, as he spends most of the video's 11-minute run time giggling like a child. Alex has driven a lot of super impressive cars over the last few years, and if this one impresses him as much as he says it does, it's got us convinced. Of course, the car they're driving here is still a PDK model, and they weren't given an opportunity with the new 6-speed stick-shifted model. Just a couple days ago, they reviewed Porsche's 911R and loved it, but complained of limited quantities being a problem. Well, the 991.2 GT3 will not be artificially limited, and Porsche would be happy to build and ship as many as they can sell, we're sure. So, if you're going to order one, get on the list now.
It's rare that a manufacturer will actually listen to automotive enthusiasts because vocal car fans like you or I are rarely the majority when it comes time to put money on the table. In Porsche's case, they listened because enthusiasts make up the majority of their target market. If the people plopping down 150 grand for a GT3 are shouting about the need for a stick shifted model, Porsche will listen. We're sure glad they did.
- RELATEDThe CEO Of Exotics Racing Has A Las Vegas Love Affair With A 991 GT3 RS"You can blindfold me and put me in a Porsche, I would know right away." -David PerissetREAD NOW
- RELATEDHG & BBi Team To Build A GT3 Cup Car For The StreetThe guys from Motor Affair take this Street Cup for a run to the hillsREAD NOW
- RELATEDAkrapovic Pumps Up The Volume On This Porsche 991 GT3 RSThe titanium exhaust sure isn't cheap, but it does sound great.READ NOW
- RELATEDMore Of The Greatest Porsche 911 GT3 Rally ActionWRC's R-GT class competition is hot, and the Porsches that race in the class are even hotter.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Aircooled Porsche 911 Hustle a 997 GT3 RS Around The NürburgringHere's proof that the "talented driver" mod is the ultimate advantage.READ NOW