HG & BBi Team To Build A GT3 Cup Car For The Street
The guys from Motor Affair take this Street Cup for a run to the hills
When the car you start your build with is as good as Porsche's 991.1 GT3, and you give BBi Autosport and HG Performance carte blanche to build whatever they want, the result is going to be amazing. When that GT3 is kitted with a full set of GT3 Cup bodywork, BBi's Street Cup suspension with JRZ adjustable coilovers, a mild bump in power, an Akrapovic exhaust, and a set of HRE wheels wrapped in Pirelli Trofeo R tires, that is exactly what this car is, amazing. This Porsche build is over the top. Nobody in the world really needs a car like this, but we'd be lying if we said we didn't want it.
Friends of ours, Jason Connor and Patrick Stevenson of Motor Affair have got their grubby little mitts on this car for an afternoon and decided to make a break for it, heading up to several thousand feet of elevation. This is a unique review format in which both drivers are in the car speaking to each other and to the camera. It's an informal conversation, almost like an episode of a podcast inside a Porsche. In just one sitting, in just one day, the both of them decide that this car might be the best one they've each ever driven (and I can attest that they've both driven quite a lot that could contend for the title).
The car, built for a customer, is next level and I mean that in the best way. It's extra. This takes the concept of race car for the street above and beyond. Somehow, with all of these concessions to the gods of speed, the car is still, allegedly, composed and reasonably civilized to drive around town. With a PDK gearbox, we suppose we can see that being a possibility. We might want a full sized passenger seat, however.
- RELATEDAkrapovic Pumps Up The Volume On This Porsche 991 GT3 RSThe titanium exhaust sure isn't cheap, but it does sound great.READ NOW
- RELATEDManthey-Porsche 911 GT3 R Wins Opening VLN RoundTrio of Frenchmen coordinated to dominate the four-hour race at the Nürburgring.READ NOW
- RELATEDMore Of The Greatest Porsche 911 GT3 Rally ActionWRC's R-GT class competition is hot, and the Porsches that race in the class are even hotter.READ NOW
- RELATEDInspecting The Paint Of A Freshly Delivered Porsche GT3 RSWhen you take a brand new GT3 RS out of its wrapper, the paint is far from perfectREAD NOW
- RELATEDBBI Autosport Convincingly Wins /Drive Tuner Shootout With A Mega 997 TurboWhat happens when you give BBI Autosport a blank check? Magic.READ NOW