Mid-Nineties Dream Car 993 Carrera RS Clubsport For Sale In Canada
One of just 227 built, this homologation special rarity Porsche can join your collection today, as long as you're Canadian.
Think back twenty-two years ago to the Porsche you most wanted. If you're a rabid fan of the brand and preferred your 911 variants in naturally aspirated guise, it was likely the forbidden-fruit-outside-of-Europe Carrera RS. The 993 RS was the fourth major member of Porsche's famed RS family following the original 2.7 RS, the incredibly rare SC/RS, and the over-the-top 964 RS 3.6. Taking things an extra step, the 993 generation RS bumped displacement up to 3.8 liters, cribbed giant brakes from the 993 Turbo, stiffened suspension, and dropped weight like it was getting ready for beach season (100 pounds total). It was and remains a phenomenal car. If you were one of 227 lucky Europeans, you could even get your RS with a side order of Clubsport to make things even more hardcore with track-ready aero and a roll cage.
Porsche built the 993 RS to just over 2800 pounds with traditional competition-based weight loss through amenity reduction. The car carried no headliner, and power windows/locks/mirrors were chucked out in favor of manually operated units. Some insulation was removed, as were some extraneous wires from the harness (rear window defrost, for one). Of
Where the car's lightweight build spec and wildly effective aero kit are the major talking points (not to mention the traditionally wild color
This German-delivered RS Clubsport was handed over to its original owner in November of 95 with the presumption that it was going to hit the race track. The interior was completely stripped and painted in
For more pictures and information, check out the listing on eBay.
- RELATEDThis Porsche 993 Turbo Cabriolet Just Sold for $1.4 MillionThis unicorn, auctioned off Wednesday at RM Sotheby's in Paris, was just one of 14 993-model Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolets ever made.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhat Was It Like To Drive A Porsche 993 Turbo When It Was Brand New?The Germans put driving first in this mid-90s supercarREAD NOW
- RELATEDRWB Porsche 993 For Sale In Los AngelesNakai San's widebody Porsche's are polarizing, this one is periwinkle.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 993 Doing Donuts Is Something You Need To SeeA burnout is a beautiful thingREAD NOW
- RELATED993 Turbo Powered Volkswagen Bus Is Insanity Done RightThe Volkswagen Bus, especially the T1, is known for the slow life, bruh. This one, however, has been pumped up a bit.READ NOW