Le Mans Winning Porsche Driver Romain Dumas Scares Some Unwitting Passengers
When people need to get to Paris, there's always time for a stop at Le Mans.
Romain Dumas, recent winner of the first round of the VLN, Le Mans victor, Pikes Peak
This is hardly the first time that this concept has been trotted out for the benefit of a manufacturer. Stick some pro racing driver or another in the driver's seat to shuttle some people around that have no idea what is going on, then proceed to scare them a bit with some quality driving shenanigans.
Porsche runs a driving experience center at the Le Mans circuit, very similar to the ones they operate here in the US at their Atlanta and Los Angeles facilities. It's particularly hilarious that Porsche does their version of the hidden-camera, professional-driver prank on one of the most legendary circuits in the world. Even more fitting is the fact that they require the passengers to fit helmets before going out on the track. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the surprise?
The moral of the story here, however, is to always take your driver up on the offer when they say they know a shortcut.
- RELATEDDiscussing The Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid From The Geneva Show FloorHear what Porsche executives have to say about the new hyper-sedan.READ NOW
- RELATEDMansory Panamera Adds GT3 RS Touches To Disturbing EffectIf you're looking for a strange carbon-fiber enhanced, motorsport-inspired luxury family sedan, maybe Mansory is for youREAD NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Works Driver Romain Dumas Takes RGT Class Victory At Monte Carlo RallyJust one week after competing at Dakar, Dumas was sliding a GT3 RS around the Col de TuriniREAD NOW
- RELATEDMarc Lieb And Romain Dumas Follow Webber Out Of Porsche’s 919 Hybrid LMP1 ProgramWho will replace them?READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche’s Heartfelt Tribute to Audi’s Le Mans Team Will Make You CryWe can feel the warmth between the sister brands from here.READ NOW