This Half-Finished V8 911 Project Could Be Your Yard Art
I'm convinced nobody will ever finish this project. Prove me wrong.
Just a week ago we found this running-and-driving V8-swapped 911 on Craigslist, and today we've found one that is still a work in progress. Some enthusiasts might prefer the term "Blank Canvas" for this car, as it is done enough that there is a vision of the future for it, but it allows you to shape it to your own tastes, as the bodywork and interior have not been finished. While last week's V8 special was from Arizona, this one is in Sonoma, just north of the San Francisco Bay. We fully expect the lunacy and idiocy of a deathtrap 911 from Arizonians, but we thought NorCal residents had better sense than that.
We take great solace in our stable of cars when searching Craigslist for the term "project car", because it makes us feel better about projects we've completed. This particular project car is surprisingly complete, as Craigslist projects go. The engine is installed, though no word mentioned on what this engine might need in order to actually run, it is mated to a G50 5-speed gearbox, and the car is sitting on four BBS multipiece basketweave wheels. There is actually a lot to like about this car, including a full set of 911 Turbo big brake calipers. If you're looking for a weird and wild track car, this could be the right one for you.
From the original listing on sfbay.craigslist.org:
1989 Porsche 911 Carrera coupe G 50 , sunroof delete project car. fitted with a chevy all aluminum LS-6 engine ( low miles), by Renegade Hybrids in Las Vegas, has all the lines , brackets , fuel tank suspension supports , mounts , radiator headers and adapters, all need to covert this car to water cooled. The car has factory 930 turbo suspension and brakes , all steel factory 930 body parts and flares, we also have a pair of 993 fenders with steel turbo flares on them ( if you rather). Has a full or half roll cage , not welded in yet. There is no rust in the car , no accidents and a clear Texas tile. the wheel are BBS 3 peice 9 &11 x 16" we do have all the bumper, steel rockers, flare ends lower front and real valances , flag mirrors and a factory wing . I also have a complete interior ( less carpets ) black. we do have several engine options for this car . A 2001 twin turbo 3.6 996 engine less than 10,000 miles on it. for an extra cost of course. 1989 3.3 turbo engine I just have way to many projects to be able to finish them all. So there way to much to list . so just let me know if you have more questions or want more pix, I will only respond if you send me your contact info . This is your chance to buy a great project , so you can build that singer or race car you always wanted . we have a clear title , the car is sold as is and does not run.
- RELATEDThis 911 V8 Swap Is A Deathwish On WheelsIf at thirty you shove an iron block V8 in the back of a 911, you won't make it to forty.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs This Nissan 240SX the Worst Car on Craigslist?Let the blood-spattered paint help you decide.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Complex Meaning of Craigslist AdsA look at the intersection of commerce, hopelessness and car fandom.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche 356 Pre-A Project For Sale, Some Rust, Needs WorkMinor restoration might be needed to resurrect this 356 from the grave, but it's likely the least expensive way to get into a 356 right now. The aircooled craze is all the rage these days!READ NOW
- RELATEDNear Perfect Porsche 924 Carrera GT On The Auction BlockThe king of Porsche homologation specials is yours for the bidding.READ NOW