The Automotive Media Has Gone Nuts For The 911R
The 911R is Porsche's Most Exciting Car Of The Year, Everyone Seems To Agree
There has been some serious praise heaped upon the shoulders of Porsche's 'driver-focused' 911R this year, and if that many people agree, it's likely to be well deserved. If you take a GT3 body shell, shove the GT3 RS engine into it, then add a bit of retro accouterments and a manual transmission, of course people are going to love it. The fact that it was limited to just 991 units, and was, in essence, only purchased by 918 Spyder owners, just adds to the desirability. Porsche nuts and exotic car nuts alike went wild for this car, as did the automotive media. If you wanted to see all of that praise in one place, here is a rundown of every major video review of the car published this year in one convenient place for you to see.
Of course, if you haven't already ordered your 911R it's too late to purchase one new for MSRP. Lately, on the second hand market, these bad boys have been fetching upward of 700,000 dollars. In the UK the market is particularly wild with some having sold recently at over a million pounds. Is the car worth its $180,000-ish price tag from the dealership? Absolutely it is. Is it worth a million pounds? You'll have to let your wallet answer for you I suppose, but I would argue that it is not. The 911R is a very cool and very rare Porsche, and it certainly makes all the right noises from its four-liter naturally aspirated flat six, and that 6-speed manual transmission is allegedly sublime to drive. If you can afford one, who am I to judge?
- RELATED911R Versus Carrera GT: Which Is The Best Investment?911R have been trading hands on the secondary market for nearly a million dollars. For that money, you can reasonably get a Carrera GT. Which is the better buy?READ NOW
- RELATED$1 Million Porsche 911 Rs and an Insane Warranty From Genesis: The Evening RushPlus, another rad offroad trailer and adventure shorts from Ball & Buck.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Virtual Tour of the Porsche 911 R at the New York Auto ShowWhat's it like inside the new, hardcore Porsche 911? Find out with this 360-degree virtual tour.READ NOW
- RELATEDCan the 911 R Pacify Porsche Purist Panic?A super-lightweight, manual-only version of the 911 GT3 looks to be on the way. Communion is served, my sons.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche's Mid-Engine 911 RSR Breaks CoverThe new age of Porsche GT racing has begun. Vive la mid-engine!READ NOW