You Should Totally Buy This Porsche 911 Race Car
This track-only 911 costs nearly $400,000, but it's the real deal.
If a Nurburgring-stomping 911 GT2 RS isn't hardcore enough for your tastes, there's currently a more extreme track-ready Porsche on the market. This 1976 Kremer Racing Porsche 935 sold by Throttlestop should fit the bill, as it has plenty of 'Ring races under its belt.
According to the seller, Kremer Racing and DP Motorsport built the car in Cologne, Germany after their work on the Kremer K3 paid off. This 935 raced exclusively in Germany in the 1980s, getting some serious track time at the Old Nurburgring circuit. It even won the “Veedol” Championship at the 'Ring in 1989 before it was sold. This exact car can be seen in action here.
The Kremer 935 fell into Austrian driver Willi Sabl's hands in 1990 and was repurposed for hillclimb racing. Rabl added Vaillant Air Conditioning Co. (his sponsor)'s green and rainbow-striped racing livery and swapped out the 935's 3.4-liter engine for another twin-turbocharged, 3.0-liter flat-six making 806 horsepower (for IMSA qualification). The 935's new spec matched with Rabl's skills won him multiple European hillclimb championships, before he garaged it for 15 years.
The seller has given the original Vaillant livery a fresh coat of paint and a full mechanical service, so it should be ready for another stab at the Nurburgring or a historic race at Goodwood. Under all that bodywork is a 911, but Throttlestop stresses that the car is not street-legal; if the racing bodywork, interior, and $399,900 price tag didn't make that clear enough.
Throttlestop is a Wisconsin-based vehicle "concierge" that sells, stores, and details rare classics and performance cars. This 935 isn't the only crazy track car in their inventory–– there's also a Dodge Viper ACR-X and Radical SR-3 up for sale, among other dream cars.
- RELATEDCheck Out This Ferrari F355 Challenge Car For SaleIt might be the most affordable Ferrari race car you can buy.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Lister-Jaguar Race Car for Sale Was Driven by Stirling MossFor $595K you can put your butt in the same seat as the legendary F1 driver.READ NOW
- RELATEDPlease Buy This Celebrity-Owned Datsun 240Z Race CarThis built Z has quite a history in motorsport, and now anyone can buy it.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo Race Car Could Be Yours for $295,000This race car celebrates the new partnership between Lamborghini and watchmaker Roger Dubuis.READ NOW
- RELATEDCheck Out the Project 1 Porsche 911 RSRThe most successful Porsche Cup team in history is stepping up to WEC GTE competition with this mid-engined racer.READ NOW