Porsche Motorsports North America Names New CEO
Daniel Armbruster takes over where Jens Walther leaves off
Today it was announced that Porsche Motorsports North America, based in the new Porsche Experience Center in Carson, will have a new President and CEO, Mr. Daniel Armbruster. Armbruster, who is 49 years old, has been a part of the Porsche team since 2000. It was under his direction that Porsche Motorsport in Germany developed the innovative 911 GT3 R Hybrid race car that ran, to much fanfare, back in 2010 and 2011. Most recently, Daniel managed the Motorsport Quality Management division in Germany. Jens Walther, vacating the PMNA position, will move to Porsche Leipzig, where he will have the role of "Director, Sales and Marketing". This is an interesting turn of events, as we had no indication that either of these internal moves would be happening.
PMNA is responsible for the care and maintenance of Porsche's motorsport partners and customers in North America. They are the North American source for Cayman GT4 Clubsport, 911 GT3 Cup and 911 GT3 R race cars to campaign in regional club series up to the various professional series, also supplying race support and parts for necessary repairs. The facility is also capable of completing drivetrain overhauls, supplying parts, and restoring vintage Porsche race cars.
Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser, Vice President of Motorsport and GT Cars:
“We would like to thank Jens Walther, who has boosted the professionalism of Porsche Motorsports North America over the last seven years, which led to many successes. With Daniel Armbruster as his successor, we have an outstanding and experienced manager with many years of experience in Porsche Motorsport.”
- RELATEDMaking Really Fast Pretzels With Porsche Motorsport In FlachtThe small German town where the motorsport Porsches are made.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Motorsport Ambassador Mark Webber Honored With Order Of AustraliaThis order of chivalry recognizes Australian citizens for achievement or meritorious service and is quite prestigiousREAD NOW
- RELATEDHazet Produces Limited Edition Porsche Motorsport Tool ChestAfter 20 years partnering, Hazet chooses Porsche's worst livery to plaster on fifty limited edition boxesREAD NOW
- RELATEDTaking A Porsche 912E On A Trial Road Trip Run To Long Beach And BackWe now know a 40-year-old Porsche can handle a 1700 mile road trip, but how about 5700?READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Drops 9:11 Magazine Episode 3 And It's So GoodStudying Porsche's past to deliver the best possible futureREAD NOW