Take a Trip to EASY for a Porsche Gathering You Won't Forget
It's worth the drive, even when you have to cover over a thousand miles.
Once a month the longstanding European Auto Salvage Yard in Oakland, CA hosts a Porsches and Coffee gathering that has grown over time from a small handful of R Gruppe members to a street fair festival atmosphere that takes up the entire block and overflows into a few surrounding streets. It's not explicitly a sanctioned event, but it sure is a lot of fun to attend. For a few hours every month, the rest of the world just disappears and all that is left is EASY and the Porsches gathered there. We've taken a few road trips over there ourselves to check it out, and it must be said that Jim has attracted some of the coolest Porsches (and others) to his shop for the show mostly by accident.
Organic year-on-year growth is the best way to describe the EASY event. When we went the first time a handful of years ago, it was a calm gathering of fifty cars or so. The most recent one we stopped by had easily double the cars of the first time we showed up. It's a low-key laid back kind of event, which is so much nicer than the traditional parking lot kind of car show. Don't worry about polishing your Porsche or getting it "done" to show up. Just get your old car out, fire it up, and chug over to EASY on the first Saturday of each summer month.
Of course, you don't have to take only our word at face value. Check out this video from Der Faszination to give you an idea what it's like to attend. They drove up to Oakland from Las Vegas, about an 8 hour trip, to attend the EASY show for the first time, and they loved every minute of it. This quick one-minute drone video does a pretty good job of showing just how big this show has gotten.
- RELATEDThis Beautiful Mexico Blue Porsche Hides An Ugly PastThis car's restoration all started with the seats.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Unique 993 Speedster For A Unique Porsche EnthusiastThere was only ever one 993 Speedster built by the factory, but that didn't stop this Porsche enthusiast from building her own.READ NOW
- RELATED3.2-Liter 1975 Porsche 911 – The Goose Versus The SnakeThis Mexico Blue Porsche is built specifically for its owner and nobody else.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Tale Of Two Perfectly Restored PorschesA perfect 930 or a perfect Targa, which would you want in your garage?READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Punk Rock Porsche Poorly Hides a Turbocharged SecretThis narrow body 911 holds 420 turbocharged horsepower in a 2600-pound cage.READ NOW