Porsche Found the Most Gorgeous Roads in South Africa
Have you driven Chapman's Peak Drive yet?
When you have the keys to a brand new Porsche 911 GTS in your hand, where are you going to take it? Porsche is aiming to find the greatest driving roads in the world, and they're enlisting the GTS community to help them accomplish that. Last time they discussed a gorgeous pass in Switzerland, the Bernina. This time, Porsche and travel blogger Courtney Scott are taking us to Cape Town, South Africa for a beautiful seaside mountain jaunt. From the misty cliffs, across Chapman's Peak, north to Table Mountain, down into Cape Town proper, and out to the Bloubergstrand (which apparently has the greatest sunsets), this is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of road.
They don't call this area the "Cape of Good Hope" for no reason. Skirting along the western coast of Africa's southern tip is a long sinewy road stretching miles and miles with nothing but beautiful vistas ahead. This might be the perfect road, then, for one of Porsche's most perfect line of cars. The GTS cars are the Goldilocks "just right" segment of their lineup, toeing the line between the comfort and ease of a Carrera with the power and handling prowess of a true GT-series car. The 911 GTS was built from the ground up for roads just as dynamic and gorgeous as it is.
In this series, Porsche is bringing a couple of contest winners to each location to give them an experience they won't soon forget. There isn't much better than the Carmine Red of the GTS' beautiful flanks juxtaposed with the roiling turquoise of the ocean on the cape, these are complimentary colors that were made for each other. What Porsche is trying to say is, if you're going to drive one of their stellar GTS models, maybe do it on some of the greatest roads in the world, like this one just outside of Cape Town. If you're going to go for a drive, make it a big one.
- RELATEDPorsche's New Video Series Tracks Down The World's Most Beautiful RoadsIn the first installment, we visit Switzerland's Bernina Pass with travel blogger Courtney Scott.READ NOW
- RELATEDSouth Africa Will Crush Smuggled Ferrari LaFerrariPro tip: pay your custom duties, because it's cheaper than replacing a $1.5-million hypercar.READ NOW
- RELATED18 Hungry Lions Bring Traffic to Standstill in South AfricaBecause where better for a massive cat to eat lunch than the middle of a road?READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Launches “PAVE” Program To Hire South African YouthPorsche Aftersales Vocational Education aims to hire and train 75 youngstersREAD NOW
- RELATEDNow You Can Build Your Own Porsche-Designed Megayacht OnlineAll the fun of Porsche's online car configurator, now available in nautical form.READ NOW