Best of Design: Autocamp and Sweden's IceHotel
Because you already need a vacation from 2017.
Hi, I’m Max Goldberg. You may know me as a cool guy, self-proclaimed workout fanatic, mediocre writer and fantastic teleprompter reader.
This year in Design The Drive has covered a wide variety of interesting destinations, products and bits of technology. Rather than just hitting replay, we selected two segments you might find particularly interesting. Have found yourself yearning to enjoy the outdoors but didn’t want to have all the inconveniences of…you know, dirt and bugs? Well, that is where Autocamp comes in.
If Airstream trailers nestled along California’s Russian River isn’t your cup of tea, then Sweden’s IceHotel may be. Located along the Thorne River, 200 kilometers north of the Article Circle, this posh display of architectural ingenuity will make even the lamest couple look cool…I already regret that joke…moving on.
Alright, so there you have it. Two very different, yet very desirable vacation destinations for 2017. Remember, if you book a night at either of these locations make sure to say my name…
- RELATEDDesign: 1957 Chevrolet 3100 by Legacy Classic TrucksSo much more than your grandpa's old hay hauler.READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: 41 Cooper Square Stands Out From the NYC CrowdNot your average schoolhouse.READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: A Building-Wide Science ExperimentA building that actually gives back to its community.READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: A Wearable Hydration Monitor Called LVLAfter all, water is key for energy and survival in general.READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: A Sleek New Tank Watch From Larsson & JenningsClassic design, affordable price—what's not to love?READ NOW