The Best of Drive Wire For 2016: Dream Cars
Yes, we mean an AWD Challenger and a modified McLaren 570GT.
This week on Drive Wire, we’re doing things a little differently. We’re taking an end-of-year look back at some of the biggest and most interesting stories we covered in 2016. On today’s episode, we’re looking back at two stories of dream gift cars. First up: the new Dodge Challenger GT, America’s first all-wheel-drive muscle car.
Dodge announced the Challenger GT in early December, just as the snow was beginning to fall. While it may have a 305-horsepower V-6 instead of a honkin’ Hemi V-8, the Challenger GT has twice as many driven wheels as its more powerful brothers, making it the perfect pony car for conquering winter weather—as the carmaker made clear in its promotional video.
Another car we wish we could be driving this right now: the McLaren 570GT by MSO Concept. Revealed this year at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, this supercar has been customized by McLaren’s in-house specialty division with a black-and-white paint job that would look dynamite in the snow, and a glass roof with electric tinting that lets in just as much light as you want.
- RELATED2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Instant ReviewOur editors debate the pros and cons of the fiery 707-horsepower Mopar.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Pensacola Man Attempted Time Travel in a Dodge ChallengerHe is reportedly still solidly in 2015, now with bruises.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Dodge Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker Isn't Here to Make FriendsBut that doesn't mean it won't make you very, very happy.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Chrysler Pacifica SRT Hellcat Minivan Would SlayFCA designer's Instagram tease is cruel and brilliant.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren 570GT Is the Road-Tripper’s Super Sports CarPerfect for you, your spouse, and your 13.1 cubic feet of luggage.READ NOW