Drive Wire For Wednesday December 21st, 2016: Tesla Plucks Volvo’s Anders Bell
Tesla wants to step up their interior design game.
Today on Drive Wire we dive into Tesla’s most recent power play.
Although Tesla has gained a lot of respect in the Electric Vehicle community, their reputation for interior design has come under question on occasion. Rather than allowing mediocrity to flow down the assembly lines in their California plant, Tesla has decided to pluck Volvo interior engineering boss Anders Bell. Bell started with Volvo in 1998 after graduating from Halmstad College’s engineering program and he is responsible for the gorgeous interiors of the 90 series.
Although Bell will be making the move to Tesla next year, his Linkedin profile states that has been involved in designing Volvo interiors for the 2019 model year.
- RELATEDThese Are The 11 Best Cars Of 2016With more than 500 cars to choose from, it is almost too much to bear.READ NOW
- RELATEDEight Great Overlanding Instagram Pages(In no particular order.)READ NOW
- RELATEDDriving the Jaguar XE 20d; or, Nine Lives for DieselToo rich for many VW fans, but still one fuel-rationing Brit.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch The Drive Staff Interrogate Mike Spinelli on Everything Jaguar for 10 Whole MinutesIt's time to find out what our staff Jaguar lover really knows.READ NOW
- RELATEDUber Will Argue to Regulators It's Exempt From State Autonomous Vehicle-Testing LawsThe ride-hailing company will make its case today to the DMV and Attorney General's office.READ NOW