Drive Wire For December 14th, 2016: Ford Dealerships Jack Up Raptor Pricing
Ah, the sweet sound of cost and demand.
Today on Drive Wire we dive into the wonderful world of dealer price inflation.
Ford say the 2017 Raptor will start at a little over $48,000 but wouldn’t you know, a dealership in Lexington, Kentucky is selling one for $74,000. Now this isn’t the worst display of price inflation we have seen but it is the first one with a picture of the Raptor already in the showroom.
Unfortunately, this is a fairly normal practice by dealerships as they are very familiar with the whole relationship of cost and demand. Hopefully, we will see pricing become a little more reasonable as these offroad-ready monsters begin to populate dealership lots nationwide.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for Monday December 12th, 2016: The Shelby FP350S is A Turnkey Track Car For The AgesA 5.2-liter Voodoo V-8 track car? Yes please.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for Monday December 12th, 2016: Mercedes-Benz Teases E-Class CoupeHint: there are a lot of flowing lines and missing B-Pillars.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 9, 2016: Uber Releases List of Behaviors That Can Get Users BannedThe big takeaways: Don't break the law, don't be a creep, and don't carry a gun.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 8, 2016: The 2017 Dodge Challenger GT Is the First AWD Muscle CarIt may not have a Hemi, but at least it has launch control.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 6, 2016: For $56,000 You Can Own a Hellcat Powered Wrangler*Wrangler not includedREAD NOW