Drive Wire for December 9, 2016: Uber Releases List of Behaviors That Can Get Users Banned
The big takeaways: Don't break the law, don't be a creep, and don't carry a gun.
Hey there. Will Sabel Courtney here for Drive Wire on December 9th, 2016.
Today on Drive Wire: Uber has released a list of behaviors that can get users banned from the ride-hailing app.
The list, which applies to both drivers and riders alike, covers many acts that are already illegal under existing law. Uber users are prohibited from damaging other people’s property, committing fraud, or drinking in the car—where it isn’t legally permitted, of course.
But it also includes some regulations specific to Uber. Users cannot allow children under 18 to ride alone; they cannot discriminate against others based on race, religion, disability, sex, gender, or sexual orientation; they cannot make unwanted contact with other users after a trip has ended; and, somewhat controversially, they cannot carry firearms in the car, no matter what the local laws are.
That’s it for Drive Wire on December 9th, 2016. I’m Will Sabel Courtney; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 8, 2016: The 2017 Dodge Challenger GT Is the First AWD Muscle CarIt may not have a Hemi, but at least it has launch control.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 6, 2016: For $56,000 You Can Own a Hellcat Powered Wrangler*Wrangler not includedREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 6, 2016: 120 BMW SUVs Damaged in South Carolina Train CrashThe train was carrying a load of new Bimmers away from the carmaker’s Spartanburg plant.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 5th, 2016: Hamilton Isn't Punished For F1 ShenanigansHamilton gets off easy after Rosberg announces retirement.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 5th, 2016: 500th LaFerrari Auctioned Off For $7 MillionAll proceeds will go to Central Italy earthquake victims.READ NOW