Drive Wire for November 28th, 2016: Callaway Is Already Planning To Supercharge The Camaro ZL1
Because 640hp is just not enough.
Today on Drive Wire we check out Callaway’s new SC740 package for the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. Equipped with a standard 640 horsepower, the Camaro ZL1 is already a rear wheel drive monster expected to hit 60 miles per hour in the mid threes.
Still, the never-ending desire for more power continues to plague the muscle-car community. In attempts to satisfy that desire, Callaway has created their 740hp package which comes equipped with somewhere around 740 horsepower and a hellish supercharger. According to reports, the package will cost an additional $17,995 on top of the $62,135 donor car.
Orders can be given to specified Chevrolet dealerships throughout the country, but only on manual coupes. Chevy will not start taking orders on convertible or automatic Camaros until January 2017.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 25, 2016: Half of all Jaguar Land Rover Models Will Be Hybrid or Electric by 2020CEO Dr. Ralf Speth made the announcement at the Los Angeles Auto Show.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 23, 2016: UC Berkeley Researchers Create a Mind-Controlled TeslaScience!READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 22nd, 2016: Disney-Pixar Releases Cars 3 TrailerIt's awfully dark for a kids movie.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 21st, 2016: Tony Stewart and Mark Webber Both Retire From RacingTwo legends, two careers, countless memories.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 21st, 2016: Elon Musk Discusses Model 3 Charging OptionsNo free local charging for you!READ NOW