Drive Wire: Nico Rosberg Snags 2016 F1 World Championship
Not with any help from teammate Lewis Hamilton.
Today on Drive Wire we take a look at the 2016 F1 World Championship. Although Mercedes-AMG’s Lewis Hamilton had a dynamite year, it was not enough for him to be crowned the champion once again. Instead, teammate Nico Rosberg took the W.
However, this was not done with the help of Hamilton. Rather than running block for Rosberg, Hamilton drastically slowed his pace down in Abu Dhabi this weekend, giving Sebastion Vettel the opportunity to pass Rosberg. Clearly ignoring orders from Mercedes-AMG Paddy Lowe, Hamilton fell to the back of the pack knowing that if Vettel passed Rosberg, he would secure the 2016 F1 World Champion title.
This is Rosberg’s first F1 World Champion title, however the honor is not knew to the Rosberg family. Nico’s father, Keke won the title in 1982, making the them the second father-son pair to win the title.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 25, 2016: Half of all Jaguar Land Rover Models Will Be Hybrid or Electric by 2020CEO Dr. Ralf Speth made the announcement at the Los Angeles Auto Show.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 23, 2016: UC Berkeley Researchers Create a Mind-Controlled TeslaScience!READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 22nd, 2016: Disney-Pixar Releases Cars 3 TrailerIt's awfully dark for a kids movie.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 21st, 2016: Tony Stewart and Mark Webber Both Retire From RacingTwo legends, two careers, countless memories.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 21st, 2016: Elon Musk Discusses Model 3 Charging OptionsNo free local charging for you!READ NOW