Drive Wire For November 22nd, 2016: Disney-Pixar Releases Cars 3 Trailer
It's awfully dark for a kids movie.
Hey there. Devin Altieri here for Drive Wire on November 22nd, 2016.
Today on Drive Wire: Disney Pixar has released a teaser trailer for Cars 3. And it's dark.
The film appears to be significantly more intense than the previous two happy-go-lucky installments from 2006 and 2011.
The trailer opens with a gritty and realistic race sequence. A seemingly new challenger, the number 20 car sporting the word IGNTR on the rear, carves through the field. Then, McQueen loses control and everything goes into slow motion.
The next shot we see is our charming, Owen Wilson-voiced protagonist flipping through the air with serious damage. The screen fades to black and reads “From this moment, everything will change." Ominous indeed.
You can check out Cars 3 in theaters on June 16th, 2017.
That’s it for Drive Wire on November 22nd, 2016. I’m Devin Altieri; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 21st, 2016: Tony Stewart and Mark Webber Both Retire From RacingTwo legends, two careers, countless memories.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 21st, 2016: Elon Musk Discusses Model 3 Charging OptionsNo free local charging for you!READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 18, 2016: The 2018 Jeep Compass Makes U.S. Debut at the L.A. Auto ShowAmericans only get one engine, but at least we can spec a stick.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 17th, 2016: What Has Debuted at the L.A. Auto Show So Far.See everything from a mid-engined Porsche to a NISMO Sentra.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 16th, 2016: GM Finally Reveals the Chevy Colorado ZR2It's as if Chevy knows what we have been dreaming about.READ NOW