Drive Wire For November 21st, 2016: Elon Musk Discusses Model 3 Charging Options
No free local charging for you!
Hi, I’m Max Goldberg and this is Drive Wire for Monday November 21st, 2016.
Today on Drive Wire we see what Elon Musk has to say regarding free charging of the Telsa Model 3. The Model 3 does not qualify for free charging for life, however the Model 3 will receive several other benefits.
According to Musk, the Model 3 will be given 400 kilowatts of charging for free each year, but they will be restricted from free local charging.
This is where things get a little confusing, Musk then goes on to say that Model 3 owners will get free long distance charging. Now to be honest, I have no idea what the difference between long distance charging and local charging but according to Musk there is one. Once we get a better understanding on the situation, we will be sure to fill you in.
That’s it for Drive Wire on November 21st, 2016. I’m Max Goldberg; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 21st, 2016: Tony Stewart and Mark Webber Both Retire From RacingTwo legends, two careers, countless memories.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 18, 2016: The 2018 Jeep Compass Makes U.S. Debut at the L.A. Auto ShowAmericans only get one engine, but at least we can spec a stick.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 17th, 2016: What Has Debuted at the L.A. Auto Show So Far.See everything from a mid-engined Porsche to a NISMO Sentra.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 16th, 2016: GM Finally Reveals the Chevy Colorado ZR2It's as if Chevy knows what we have been dreaming about.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 16, 2016: Man In Mustang Doing 208 MPH Arrested in OklahomaHow did this even happen?READ NOW