Drive Wire for November 14, 2016: The 2018 Audi A5 Will Offer a Manual Transmission
We're safe for another year.
Today on Drive Wire for November 14th, 2016, we bring you great news from Audi. According to official reports, the 2018 Audi A5 will grace the U.S. with an optional six-speed manual transmission. Members of the car community were worried that future model years would eliminate the manual, but it looks like we are safe another year.
With the help of a 252 horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder engine and decent shifting skills, you can expect the 2018 A5 to hit sixty miles per hour in just five point seven seconds.
Unfortunately, those of you looking to translate you stick skills to the 354 horsepower S5 are out of luck. The 2018 S5 will only come with a dual-clutch 8-speed automatic transmission. However, you may be able to get your thrills from the four point four second zero to sixty time.
No word on pricing just yet, but we will be sure to keep you in the loop.
That’s it for Drive Wire on November 14th, 2016. I’m Max Goldberg; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 11, 2016: Audi to Double Its High-Performance RS Lineup by 2018A new RS 4 and RS 5 are among the likely additions.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 10, 2016: President Donald Trump Will Roll Up to the White House in a Brand New CadillacIt'll be the latest stage in a lengthy relationship between the billionaire and the brand.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 9, 2016: NASA Report Indicates Emdrive Actually WorksBut there is a lot of explaining to do.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 9, 2016: Airbus's Project Vahana May Reduce Congested CommutingWho would say no to a self-flying quadcopter on demand?READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 8, 2016: The Grand Tour Destroyed 27 Cars and Drove 1.4 Billion MilesSo claims a hyperbolic Jeremy Clarkson in the latest trailer.READ NOW