Drive Wire for October 24, 2016: BMW Films’s The Escape, Starring Clive Owen, Debuts
The short film also stars Dakota Fanning, Jon Bernthal, and the new BMW 5 Series.
Hey there. Will Sabel Courtney here for Drive Wire on October 24th, 2016.
Today on Drive Wire: BMW’s anxiously-awaited short film The Escape debuted online over the weekend.
The film is a continuation of the BMW Films series “The Hire,” which ran online from 2001 and 2002.
Clive Owen returns as the enigmatic character known only as The Driver, a tight-lipped wheelman-for-hire with unmatched skill behind the helm of his BMW. Joining him are War of the Worlds star Dakota Fanning and The Walking Dead’s Jon Bernthal.
As The Drive’s own Sean Evans mentioned after watching a sneak preview of The Escape, the true star of the film, however, is the all-new BMW 5 Series sedan, which serves as Owen’s ride of choice in the flick.
The Escape was directed by District 9 director Neill Blomkamp. You can catch it online now on BMW USA’s YouTube page, or at BMWFilms.com.
That’s it for Drive Wire on October 24th, 2016. I’m Will Sabel Courtney; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDHoly $#*!, We Just Saw BMW’s New Film “The Escape” Before It PremieresSpoiler alert: It’s great.READ NOW
- RELATEDInside the Making of ‘The Escape,’ the New BMW Film Starring Clive OwenWe talk to Matt Mullins, Owen’s stunt driver, about filming the next evolution in an iconic series.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy Haven’t You Watched BMW’s The Escape Yet?Assuming you haven’t already been watching it non-stop for the last day.READ NOW
- RELATEDAC Schnitzer Breathes Heavy Diesel Fumes on BMW 1 SeriesHow do 400 horsepower and 590 pound-feet of torque strike you?READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi, BMW, Daimler Create Maps For Self-Driving CarsTo get to an autonomous future, cars need up-to-the-second road information.READ NOW