Drive Wire for October 21, 2016: Fisker’s 400-Mile Electric Tesla Fighter Has Four Butterfly Doors
There's only one picture so far—but that one picture has us plenty excited.
Hey there. Will Sabel Courtney here for Drive Wire on October 21st, 2016.
Today on Drive Wire: Henrik Fisker has revealed the first picture of his new Tesla Model S-fighting electric sedan, revealing that the car has not one but two sets of butterfly doors.
An email to journalists describes the car as being built from a blend of carbon fiber, composites, and aluminum, and using “an engaging user experience that brings technology and streaming content into a simple logical order.”
In a recent interview with Business Insider, Fisker said that the car will have a range of at least 400 miles, thanks to an advanced new form of energy storage known as grapheme supercapacitors.
The car will be priced similarly to a high-end Tesla Model S, Fisker told BI. But he intends to follow up this vehicle with a second EV that will be more affordable than the Tesla Model 3 and the Chevy Bolt.
Fisker says we can expect to see more of the car next week. It’s currently scheduled to arrive on the streets in 2017.
That’s it for Drive Wire on October 21st, 2016. I’m Will Sabel Courtney; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 20, 2016: All New Teslas Will Come With Self-Driving TechThe next step towards fully-autonomous electric cars from the Silicon Valley automaker.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 19, 2016: DeLorean Taking Pre-Orders for New 2017 DMC-12 Sports CarsBut the company would like to know a little about you before it sells you one.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 19, 2016: The Audi R8 Could Die Due to Dieselgate-Related CutsAlong with one of Audi's most widely-used vehicle platforms.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 18, 2016: Man Allegedly Cons Women Into Buying Him Expensive Sports CarsThe 28-year-old was arrested after allegedly fleeing in his white Lamborghini Gallardo.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 17, 2016: Apple May Have Canned Its Plans to Build a CarNew report suggests the tech giant will rededicate itself to self-driving technology.READ NOW