Drive Wire for October 10, 2016: Monticello Motor Club Hosts Inaugural Art in Motion Concours d’Elegance
England has the Goodwood Festival of Speed; the Northeast now has Art in Motion.
Today on Drive Wire, the Northeast gets a shot of elegance and speed. England has long dominated vintage racing with the Goodwood Festival of Speed, and California's Laguna Seca raceway plays host to the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, but there's not really an equivalent historics racing event on the east coast. Until now. This past weekend Monticello Motor Club had their inaugural Art in Motion Concours d’Elegance. Consisting of 130 classic cars, including a Porsche 917, a 959, a BMW 507 Roadster and even a 1957 Messerschmitt Roadster, zooming along the club’s storied track. For more, check out the above video.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 10, 2016: Google Outfits First Self-Driving Chrysler Pacifica Minivan PrototypesWith the influx of 100 minivans from FCA, Google's fleet will more than double.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 3, 2016: Delphi Wants to Bring Self-Driving Taxis to More CitiesAn expansion of the test in Singapore planned for next year.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 3, 2016: Dutch Company Turns Tesla Model S Into a HearseThere's no reason your final ride can't be eco-friendly.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 4, 2016: Fisker Plans to Reveal New Electric Car Next YearNew model will be the “spiritual successor” to the Fisker Karma, bossman says.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 5th, 2016: Subaru Reveals Japan-Only WRX S4 tS Special EditionA WRX packed with plenty of cool features...and one not-so-cool one.READ NOW