Drive Wire: The Grand Tour‘s Opening Scene Could Be the Priciest in TV History
A $3 million extravaganza to launch the next stage of Clarkson & Co.'s careers.
Hey there. Will Sabel Courtney here for Drive Wire on The Drive.
The opening scene of The Grand Tour, the new Amazon Prime TV show from the former cast of Top Gear,could be the most expensiving opening of any TV show ever, according to a report from the British tabloid The Sun.
The opening scene, shot in the California desert last month, reportedly cost more than $3 million dollars to make.
Hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond reportedly drove red, white, and blue Ford Mustangs, while a fleet of supercars and bizarre custom rides worth more han twenty million dollars pursued them.
Luckily, we won’t have to wait much longer to see this scene for ourselves. The Grand Tour’s first episode debuts on Amazon Prime on November 18.
That’s it for Drive Wire. I’m Will Sabel Courtney; thanks for watching, and please check out TheDrive.com for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 5th, 2016: Subaru Reveals Japan-Only WRX S4 tS Special EditionA WRX packed with plenty of cool features...and one not-so-cool one.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 4, 2016: Fisker Plans to Reveal New Electric Car Next YearNew model will be the “spiritual successor” to the Fisker Karma, bossman says.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 3, 2016: Dutch Company Turns Tesla Model S Into a HearseThere's no reason your final ride can't be eco-friendly.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 3, 2016: Delphi Wants to Bring Self-Driving Taxis to More CitiesAn expansion of the test in Singapore planned for next year.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 29, 2016: Volkswagen Reveals Its 300-Plus-Mile Electric Car at Paris Motor ShowThe VW I.D. should hit production by 2020.READ NOW