Drive Wire for September 21st, 2016: Porsche Reportedly Wants to Build Batteries for Formula E
Carmaker supposedly seeking to take over energy storage duties for racing series starting in 2018.
Today on Drive Wire, The Drive discusses a new report that Porsche may be looking to become the sole battery supplier for Formula E. According to Motorsport.com, Porsche has filed an application to handle the battery technology for the world's premiere electric car racing series starting in 2018. How does this play into Porsche's greater plans for future vehicles and battery development? Check out the video above to find out.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 20th, 2016: Tech Bigwigs Want to Restrict Seattle-to-Vancouver Highway to Self-Driving VehiclesNew proposal seeks to ban human drivers from Interstate 5 most of the time.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 19th, 2016: World's Fastest Volkswagen Beetle Hits 205 MPHSpecially-made VW Beetle LSR packs a 500-plus horsepower punch.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 19th, 2016: FAA Reports 550,000 Drone Registrations So Far This YearAmerica's skies could soon be filled with millions of unmanned flying robots.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 16, 2017: Developments in the Deaths of Robby Gordon's FamilyPolice speculate that Gordon's father strangled his stepmother before committing suicideREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 15th, 2016: Mercedes-AMG Debuts Two AMG GT RoadstersTopless brawlers from ze Germans? Yes, please.READ NOW