Drive Wire for September 19th, 2016: World’s Fastest Volkswagen Beetle Hits 205 MPH
Specially-made VW Beetle LSR packs a 500-plus horsepower punch.
Today on Drive Wire, The Drive reports on the news that a modified VW Beetle whipped up by Volkswagen broke 205 miles per hour at the Bonneville Salt Flats earlier this month. With its 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four cranked up to more than 500 horsepower and a set of wheels and tires designed specifically for high-speed salt flat duty, the Volkswagen Beetle LSR hit 205.122 mph in the flying mile, which VW says makes it the world's fastest Beetle. Check out the video above for more.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 16, 2017: Developments in the Deaths of Robby Gordon's FamilyPolice speculate that Gordon's father strangled his stepmother before committing suicideREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 15th, 2016: Mercedes-AMG Debuts Two AMG GT RoadstersTopless brawlers from ze Germans? Yes, please.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 14th, 2016: Did Bad Tires Cause The Carrera GT Crash That Killed Paul Walker?According to Matt Farah, old tires were the leading factor in Paul's death.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 14th, 2016: Denise Mueller Sets Speed Record on a BicycleDrafting behind a Range Rover SVR, Mueller was able to hit 147 mph.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 13th, 2016: Ken Block and Hoonigan Release Gymkhana 9A 600-horsepower Ford Focus RS RX travels to Buffalo, New York to wreak havoc.READ NOW