Weekly Wire for September 9th, 2016: Singer-Customized Porsches, Burrito-Delivering Drones, and New Tires for Old Supercars
A peek back at three of the bigger stories from the past week.
This week on Weekly Wire, The Drive's Mike Spinelli, Will Sabel Courtney, and Eric Goeres sit down to discuss a pair of topics close to the hearts of everyone at the site: sports cars and drones. Among the news the panel touches on: Google and Chipotle are joining forces to deliver burritos by drone to students and employees at Virginia Tech; two separate companies are now making new tires for the 1990s-era Jaguar XJ220 supercar; and what it's like to drive a classic Porsche 911 that's been customized by the master craftspeople at Singer Vehicle Design. And of course, there's the usual mix of inane jokes, offbeat cultural references, and in-depth conversation about classic rock. But to paraphrase LeVar Burton, you don't have to take our word for it.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 9th, 2016: Honda Moves to Patent “X-Ray” Driving AidUsing pedestrian detection and car-to-car communication, the system digitally obliterates obstacles.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 8th, 2016: Tesla Takes an Airstream Across AmericaThe caravan will act as mobile advertisement and portable Tesla showroom.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 7th, 2016: Gordon Murray Reveals the World's First Flat-Packed TruckIt's like IKEA furniture, but with an engine.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 7th, 2016: Ecclestone to Stay on as F1 CEO for Three YearsA meeting to discuss the transition is expected in London next week.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 6th, 2016: Daimler Announces Large Line-up of Electric VehiclesThe premium and performance-oriented e-cars will compete with Tesla, Audi and BMW.READ NOW