Drive Wire for September 7th, 2016: Gordon Murray Reveals the World’s First Flat-Packed Truck
It's like IKEA furniture, but with an engine.
Today on Drive Wire, The Drive discusses the news that McLaren F1 designer Gordon Murray has revealed the Ox, the world's first flat-packed truck created for developing markets. Designed by Murray for charitable organization Global Vehicle Trust, or GVT, the Ox is a simple truck that comes in a flat-packed kit, much like IKEA furniture. Three men can reportedly assemble the rig in less than 12 hours without any complex tools; when complete, it can carry up to two tons of cargo. For more, check out the video above.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 7th, 2016: Ecclestone to Stay on as F1 CEO for Three YearsA meeting to discuss the transition is expected in London next week.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 6th, 2016: Daimler Announces Large Line-up of Electric VehiclesThe premium and performance-oriented e-cars will compete with Tesla, Audi and BMW.READ NOW
- RELATEDWeekly Wire for September 2nd, 2016: Cadillac's Future, Oculus Rift Racing Games, and AMG's F1 HypercarThe Drive staffers take a look back at some of the big stories from the week.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 2nd, 2016: Felipe Massa Announces His Retirement from Formula OneVeteran driver calling it quits after 14 seasons in F1.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 1st, 2016: Porsche Unveils a Faster Macan TurboNew Performance Package makes the small SUV as quick as a 911.READ NOW