Weekly Wire for September 2nd, 2016: Cadillac’s Future, Oculus Rift Racing Games, and AMG’s F1 Hypercar
The Drive staffers take a look back at some of the big stories from the week.
This week on the Weekly Wire, The Drive's Mike Spinelli, Josh Condon, and Will Sabel Courtney take a look back at three of the most important stories from the week. First, the group discusses Cadillac president Johan de Nysschen's revelations about the future of the brand, including the news that the carmaker will build a flagship—but it won't be a full-size sedan. Next, the crew chats about the Oculus Rift that recently found its way to The Drive's offices, and how could redefine racing games. Finally, the trio touches on the rumors that Mercedes-AMG will reportedly build a a hypercar powered by a version of the company's current Formula One engine. of course, it's a hell of a lot more interesting to watch then to read about, so hit the video for all the fun.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 2nd, 2016: Felipe Massa Announces His Retirement from Formula OneVeteran driver calling it quits after 14 seasons in F1.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 1st, 2016: Porsche Unveils a Faster Macan TurboNew Performance Package makes the small SUV as quick as a 911.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 31, 2016: Emoticons Are Coming to Autonomous CarsSmart cars need more than a horn to communicate.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 31st, 2016: Volkswagen, U.S. Could Agree to 3.0-Liter Diesel Fix by OctoberAudi executive says talks between VW and American officials are going well.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 30th, 2016: US Traffic Fatalities Make Biggest Jump Since 1966While cars are safer than ever, distracted driving is up.READ NOW