Drive Wire for September 1st, 2016: Porsche Unveils a Faster Macan Turbo
New Performance Package makes the small SUV as quick as a 911.
Today on Drive Wire, The Drive discusses the news that Porsche is releasing an even more powerful version of the Macan sport-utility vehicle. The new Performance Package for the Macan Turbo boosts the twin-turbo V-6 engine to 440 horsepower and 442 pound-feet of torque, gains of around 10 percent over the standard-issue Macan Turbo—giving it enough oomph to zip from zero to 60 miles per hour roughly as quickly as the 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera. Want to know what other upgrades Porsche applied to the Macan Turbo? Check out the video above to find out.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 31st, 2016: Volkswagen, U.S. Could Agree to 3.0-Liter Diesel Fix by OctoberAudi executive says talks between VW and American officials are going well.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 31, 2016: Emoticons Are Coming to Autonomous CarsSmart cars need more than a horn to communicate.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 30th, 2016: US Traffic Fatalities Make Biggest Jump Since 1966While cars are safer than ever, distracted driving is up.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 29th, 2016: Tesla May Add New Safety Features to AutopilotNew report claims future update to the software could force users to stop before re-engaging the system.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 29th, 2016: Police Catch Thieves Responsible for 30 FCA TheftsThe pair stole the cars using only a laptop.READ NOW