Drive Wire for August 24th, 2016: Self-Driving Cars Will Be Ready by 2019, Automotive Suppliers Say
Delphi and Mobileye are joining forces to build an autonomous driving system.
Today on Drive Wire, The Drive discusses the news that a pair of leading automotive suppliers are developing a system that could make self-driving cars a reality by 2019. Delphi and Mobileye have announced they are jointly developing a pre-made autonomous package that automakers will be able to install on a wide variety of different varieties of vehicles. And while the production rollout is still a few years away, the two companies say we should catch our first glimpse of the system well before that. How soon? Check out the video for the whole story.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 23rd, 2016: Jaguar Land Rover Opening Showroom Specifically for Buying Cars OnlinePop in to learn about the cars. Log on to buy one.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 22, 2016: San Francisco Judge Rejects Uber's Settlement OfferIn a dispute over whether Uber drivers are employees or contractors, Uber's $84 offer was deemed insufficient.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 22nd, 2016: Volkswagen Suspends Some Production due to Supplier SquabbleDecision affects more than 27,000 employees—and could cost the company more than $100 million.READ NOW
- RELATEDWeekly Wire for August 19th, 2016: Volvo and Uber in Pittsburgh, Prime GT40s at Pebble Beach, and the Cadillac CT6It's a good week for fancy.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 19th, 2016: BMW Rolls Out a Repainted 2002 Hommage for Pebble BeachAfter a launch this April, the curvy, retro coupe makes a debut in orange and black.READ NOW