Drive Wire for August 10th, 2016: Tyrese Gibson Responds to Dwayne Johnson’s Instagram Rant
The Fast franchise is rife with name-calling.
Today on Drive Wire, a furor in the world's most famous franchise.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is famously affable, despite his enormous muscles and brute strength. This week, however, the star of the Fast and Furious franchise penned a grumpy Instagram calling out the professionalism of his male co-stars, a group that includes Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, Scott Eastwood and Tyrese Gibson. As the internet hypothesizes about which is the object of the post, co-star Gibson responded to Johnson, saying the pair had never had an issue. In addition to posting a video of Johnson singing to his daughter, Gibson noted that he and many in the franchise were making Fast 8 in tribute to Paul Walker, who died in a car accident in 2013.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 10th, 2016: Bentley Mulls a Diesel BentaygaWill Bentley buyers accept an oil-burner—even a great V-8?READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 9th, 2016: London Cop Nailed for Speeding in Wrongly-Impounded LamborghiniEven the coppers aren't exempt from speeding tickets.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 8th, 2016: Europe's First Autonomous Vehicle Track Day AnnouncedEngland's Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground will host the first event before moving onto France and Austria.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 8th, 2016: Japan Approves Cars Without MirrorsUsing video cameras instead could provide fuel economy and safety benefits.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 5th, 2016: Driver Claims Tesla Model S Crashed While on AutopilotThe incident, from a Chinese highway, was captured on camera.READ NOW