Drive Wire for August 5th, 2016: Driver Claims Tesla Model S Crashed While on Autopilot
The incident, from a Chinese highway, was captured on camera.
Today on Drive Wire, a dashcam video of a Tesla Model S from China is making waves. The driver of the Tesla claims Autopilot was engaged when the car sideswiped a vehicle parked on the left shoulder of a highway near Beijing. This is the second such reported crash where the Autopilot was allegedly active, the first incident occurring two months ago in Switzerland, also involving a Model S. For more on the story, check out the above video.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 4th, 2016: BMW Restores Elvis Presley's 507 For Pebble BeachTwo years of comprehensive work after forty years of decay and the Fifties sportscar looks mint again.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 3rd, 2016: Texas Lawmaker Wants to Ban Cop Cars from Private HandsBill would make it a crime for non-police officers to drive around in vehicles that resemble police cruisers.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 3rd, 2016: EPA and Automakers Clash Over 2025 Fuel Economy StandardsCar companies insist the rule could force them to build models customers don't want.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 2nd, 2016: South Korea Bans 80 Different Volkswagen CarsDieselgate-related legal action covers VW, Audi, and Bentley models.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 2nd, 2016: NICB Releases Most-Stolen Cars List for 2015As usual, domestic pickup trucks and import sedans top the list.READ NOW