Drive Wire for August 3rd, 2016: Texas Lawmaker Wants to Ban Cop Cars from Private Hands
Bill would make it a crime for non-police officers to drive around in vehicles that resemble police cruisers.
Today on Drive Wire, a Texas legislator wants to keep private citizens from laying their hands on vehicles that resemble police cars. Inspired by a recent incident in which a man in a police cruiser-like vehicle attempted to lure a 14-year-old boy playing Pokemon Go! into his car, state representative Craig Goldman is seeking to make it a crime for anyone to drive around in a vehicle that has been outfitted with insignia or equipment that could cause someone to confuse it with an actual cop car. For more on the story, check out the video above.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 3rd, 2016: EPA and Automakers Clash Over 2025 Fuel Economy StandardsCar companies insist the rule could force them to build models customers don't want.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 2nd, 2016: South Korea Bans 80 Different Volkswagen CarsDieselgate-related legal action covers VW, Audi, and Bentley models.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 2nd, 2016: NICB Releases Most-Stolen Cars List for 2015As usual, domestic pickup trucks and import sedans top the list.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 1st, 2016: Delphi to Test Self-Driving Taxis in SingaporePilot program could put people in autonomous cabs by 2019.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for June 29, 2016: The Mill Blackbird Can Become Any Car in the WorldFully adjustable rig car is poised to shake up how Hollywood uses CGI vehicles.READ NOW