Drive Wire for July 20, 2016: Is Tesla Motors Changing Its Name and Mission?
Small changes and strategic moves suggest a future that could expand beyond cars.
In today's installment of Drive Wire, The Drive discusses just what Elon Musk and Tesla Motors might be up to. The electric carmaker has been taking steps large and small in recent days and weeks that suggest it could be planning on expanding beyond the realm of battery-powered cars in the near future. Details are slim at this point, but a flood of information should be coming shortly; CEO Musk is expected to announce the second phase of Tesla's so-called "master plan" as soon as today. Check out the video above for more.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 19, 2016: VW's Fixed Diesels Still Won't Be Clean EnoughCarmaker will be forced to pay billions to environmental causes to make up for the discrepancy.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 18, 2016: Australians Want Ford to Remove the Focus RS's Drift ModeHooning is not just discouraged Down Under—it's also very illegal.READ NOW
- RELATEDWeekly Wire for July 15, 2016: Tesla Vs. Consumer Reports, JLR's Autonomous Push, and Aston Martin's HypercarShould car companies really be using their customers as beta testers?READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For July 14, 2016: Consumer Reports Demands Tesla Change its Autopilot FeatureCR demands the automaker fundamentally rethink its self-driving system; Tesla says, “nah.”READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 13, 2016: Fiat Chrysler Is Offering Hackers Cash to Find Its Cars' FlawsA series of hacking stories has put FCA on the defensive—so it's going for a good offense.READ NOW