Weekly Wire for July 8, 2016: Tesla’s Troubles, Ferrari 488 GTB Fun, and the Magic of the McLaren 570S
It's been a rough week for Tesla—but a great one at The Drive's offices.
In this edition of the Weekly Wire, The Drive staffers Mike Spinelli, Will Sabel Courtney, and Lawrence "Not From Metallica" Ulrich get together to discuss the rough time Tesla Motors has been having recently. Between the first reported fatality caused in a Model S operating on Autopilot, a second crash that may have involved the semi-autonomous system, and not one but two NHTSA investigations, the Silicon Valley car maker has seen better days.
But while the past week may have been tough for Elon Musk and his electric car company, it's been a great one here at The Drive. In the past few days, Ulrich and Spinelli have driven the Ferrari 488 GTB, the McLaren 570S, and the McLaren 675LT, both on the road and on the track. How do these three turbocharged supercars compare? Well, to find out, all you have to do is click play.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 7, 2016: Will the 2017 Chevrolet SS Make 600 Horsepower?The American sports sedan currently gets by with a “mere” 415 ponies.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 6, 2016: Oakland Man Arrested for Torching Google Street View CarREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 5, 2016: Everything We Know About Chris Evans' Sexual Assault ScandalIt's been a very bad week for the former Top Gear presenter.READ NOW
- RELATEDWeekly Wire for July 1, 2016: VW Diesel Payout, the New Porsche Panamera, and Austin's Uber/Drinking ProblemA tough week in Wolfsburg turned out pretty darn well for certain VW diesel owners.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for June 30, 2016: Scientists Turn Pig Manure into AsphaltOrganic matter-based roads would be cheaper and cleaner than conventionally-surfaced ones.READ NOW