Drive Wire for June 30, 2016: Scientists Turn Pig Manure into Asphalt
Organic matter-based roads would be cheaper and cleaner than conventionally-surfaced ones.
On today's Drive Wire, The Drive discusses how pig poop can be turned into asphalt. Believe it or not, a little chemistry wizardry is all it takes to transform swine manure into a wonderful road surface. How does it work? Well, watch the video above for a brief summary of how scientists go about transforming pig poop into asphalt, then check out the full story by Jonathon Ramsey for all the details.
- RELATEDMeet Porsche’s 911 Hot Rod Guinea PigBut would you pay $295k for this sexy German experiment?READ NOW
- RELATED7 American Roads to Drive Before You DieGas is cheap and you’re alive. Get moving.READ NOW
- RELATEDFrance To Pave Roads With Solar PanelsNew “Wattway” could provide enough power for a nation.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for June 27, 2016: Top Gear USA Is DeadHost Rutledge Wood announces tomorrow's episode will be the show's last.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for June 29, 2016: The Mill Blackbird Can Become Any Car in the WorldFully adjustable rig car is poised to shake up how Hollywood uses CGI vehicles.READ NOW