Drive Wire for June 23, 2016: How Much Do Uber Drivers Really Make?
New analysis reveals the service's drivers probably aren't doing all that well.
On today's edition of Drive Wire, The Drive touches on a new report that claims Uber drivers across America may not be making all that much money. Utilizing internal Uber documents provided by both the company and other sources, Buzzfeed News was able to determine roughly how much money drivers in Detroit, Houston, and Denver are taking home after expenses like gas and insurance. The results are startling—not least because Uber sometimes describes itself as a company that helps drivers achieve a middle-class standard of living. So how much are those drivers making? Find out in the video above.
- RELATEDCanadian Uber Protests Get (Sort of) ViolentBecause even in Canada, taxi drivers aren't always polite.READ NOW
- RELATEDFiat-Chrysler and Uber May Partner Up to Develop Self-Driving CarsNew report states the companies are in the early stages of talks.READ NOW
- RELATEDFreestyle Flambée: Pro Skier Jon Olsson’s former Über-Audi Stolen, TorchedPour some aquavit out for the DTM-loving skier’s wagon.READ NOW
- RELATEDApple Invests In China's Uber Competitor and The Ford GT Applications Are Pouring In: The Evening RushPlus, play it smart with DrinkMate and pick up a pair of shorts for 45% offREAD NOW
- RELATEDApple Just Bought $1 Billion of China's Uber CompetitorNow Apple only has $232 billion left in the bank.READ NOW