Drive Wire: June 20, 2016
A tragedy unfolds in Hollywood.
Today’s video covers the tragic and untimely passing of Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin. The 27-year-old’s body was discovered early Sunday morning, pinned by his 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee against a brick pillar at the bottom of his driveway. That year of Jeep was among the 1.1 million vehicles Fiat-Chrysler recalled this April for a confusing shift selector which resulted in a number of cars to roll backwards. It’s unclear whether that happened in this case, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.
- RELATEDWas Star Trek Actor Anton Yelchin's Death Linked to Jeep's Gear Shifter Recall Issues?Actor was tragically crushed by his 2015 Grand Cherokee.READ NOW
- RELATED"Runaway" Jeeps Lead to Massive Global RecallMore than 1,000,000 Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler vehicles are affected.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Jeep Is Recalling Almost 400,000 WranglersREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 75K Jeep CherokeesREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Jeep Readies New Compact CrossoverREAD NOW