Drive Wire: The Corvette Grand Sport Is By Far The Best Bang For Your Buck
Good news for financially responsible Corvette owners, (sarcastic pause) Chevrolet has announced pricing on the Corvette Grand Sport. If you’re not up on your Corvettes, the Grand Sport is basically all the good suspension and body bits from the supercharged Z06, but with the naturally-aspirated 460 horse V-8. So you don’t get the extra 190 horses, but you save about fourteen grand. The Grand Sport starts around $66,000, making it one of the best bangs for your buck in the performance world. This is the Corvette a lot of us at drive-wire would have, optioned with the Z07 package and its carbon-ceramic brakes. This may be the performance bargain of the century.
- RELATEDA Corvette Wagon Could Be Yours by the End of 2016Just don't expect to find it in your local Chevy dealership.READ NOW
- RELATEDBehold, The First Driverless Corvette BurnoutAll smoke, no mirrors. This thing’s for real.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Corvette Z06 Vs. Mercedes-AMG GT-R at the NürburgringThe hills are alive with the sound of V-8s.READ NOW
- RELATEDCorvette, Supra Drift It Out in the Snowy Russian ForestA drifting face-off made for anyone nostalgic for winter.READ NOW
- RELATEDDubai Fire Department Claims Its Chevy Corvettes Are “Trucks”Also insists it has the world's fastest fire trucks. (You can't make this stuff up.)READ NOW