In luxury car news, what appears to be the new compact BMW 1-Series has been spotted undergoing testing. Although there’s some skepticism about having standard front-wheel-drive with an all-wheel-drive option, we feel this spunky little BMW will hold its own. BMW needs a car to compete with the Mercedes CLA and the Audi A-3, and there’s no reason this car couldn’t be the fun one in the segment. The compact sedan is expected to start around $30,000.
- RELATEDAC Schnitzer Breathes Heavy Diesel Fumes on BMW 1 SeriesHow do 400 horsepower and 590 pound-feet of torque strike you?READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW iVision Debuts at CESWhat does a connected car really look like?READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW’s M2 Social Media Easter EggThere’s trivia. Oh, and a chance to actually drive an M2.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW Wins Government Appeal, Autonomous Parking Coming to AmericaCould this exemption for 7-Series open up door to more forbidden Euro tech?READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: BMW Reveals New M2READ NOW