Drive Wire: A Cop Car That Will Win Almost Any High Speed Chase
Speeders beware, France is testing the RS01, a police interceptor concept. It’s a Renault sport RS01 set up for traffic duty and powered by the twin-turbo motor from the Nissan GT-R. Although the vehicle was deemed too fast to race in the GT3 class, this speedy interceptor is the ultimate tool for catching up to those pesky supercars. Right now it appears to more of a public relations stunt than a reality, but we won’t take any chances next time we’re in France.
- RELATEDBangor Police’s Winter Storm Jonas Facebook Post Goes ViralTough love from “grumpy Mainers.”READ NOW
- RELATEDNew Zealand Police Chase Shorn Short by Cop's FlockMan on the lamb meets shifty shepherd.READ NOW
- RELATEDSeattle Police Release Video of Deadly Camaro ChaseThe armed carjacker is killed in a hail of bullets.READ NOW
- RELATEDDubai Police Add Porsche 918 Spyder to FleetBecause the Veyron cop car was getting lonely.READ NOW
- RELATEDChicago Police Are Intentionally Breaking Squad Car DashcamsNew report shows dozens of CPD cams never activated or "intentionally defeated."READ NOW