Drive Wire: Audi’s New R8 Gets A Power And Price Bump
In supercar news, Audi’s 2017 R8 will start at $164,150 for the base model. Savvy shoppers will note that this is almost $50,000 more than last year’s base R8, but remember, Audi has discontinued the 8-cylinder models in favor of the V-10, so you’re getting more supercar for your dollar….kind of. Now, while some of us at The Drive preferred the smaller-engine R8, we have to admit that this is still a fantastic car for the money. With the top-line R8 stickered at just over $190,000 dollars for 620 horsepower, it’s basically a German Lambo. Hey, it’s gotta be a blast if it made new Top Gear host Chris Evans puke.
- RELATEDWhy I’d Buy an Audi R8 V10 Instead of a LamborghiniDon’t sleep on the “bargain-basement” supercar.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi Is Deep in Dieselgate’s UndertowLuxury division has caught its parent’s contagion.READ NOW
- RELATED2016 Audi TT Roadster: 'Sexy Baby' No MoreNo longer just a stylish accessory, Audi's new mighty mite is out for blood. And the looks still kill.READ NOW
- RELATEDStranded at Whole Foods in a 2016 Audi R8 V10 PrototypeThis pre-production R8 is a hot car. If you can get it started…READ NOW
- RELATEDExclusive: I Tested Audi's Brutally Fast New R8 LMS Race CarThe Drive’s A.J. Baime is the first journalist in America to drive this beast. Come along for the ride.READ NOW