Design: The Gate Smart Lock
Because the ol' deadbolt just doesn't cut it anymore.
Today in Design we take a look at the innovative new locking system Gate. Replacing your conventional deadbolt, Gate is an advanced system that allows building access via four different methods. Doors can be unlocked using a smartphone app, a computer, motion-activated camera, predesignated passcodes, key pad and even a conventional key. Thanks to the ability to have several unique passcodes, owners are able to see who accesses their building throughout the day. However, unlike many Bluetooth and over-complicated devices, the Gate can operate as a normal lock if an issue or technological meltdown arise. Although the Gate has not started sales yet, you can head over to Indie Go Go to preorder.
- RELATEDDesign: 432 Park AvenueA new standard of luxury.READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: A Wearable Hydration Monitor Called LVLAfter all, water is key for energy and survival in general.READ NOW
- RELATED11 Rare Japanese Classics Ripped From Western Car DesignIn the Nissan Zama Heritage Collection, a rather familiar feelREAD NOW
- RELATEDDesign: Arlo Skye's Clever New Carry-on SuitcasePortable device charging, an integrated combo lock, and a sleek, tough exterior make this new case a frequent flier's dream.READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: Amazon Building Treehouses for EmployeesAn ambitious, and very green, new building is under construction in Downtown Seattle.READ NOW